Archeological Library

Address: 1043 Sofia, 15 Tzar Osvoboditel Blvd., Sofia University, SouthRotunda 
Telephone: (+359 2) 9308-564
E-mail:  kodzhia@libsu.uni-sofia.bg
OpeningHours: MondaytoFriday 8-30–12-00 / 13.00-17.30
 
The formation of the Archeological Library’s collectionsbegan in 1921 with the establishment of the Department of Archeology. In 1954 the library officially became a departmental library, and since 1992 it is a branch library within the University Library Network. Much of its itemshave been acquiredbybook exchange with the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, the Humboldt University of Berlin, the Odessa National University and other academic institutions. Among the most generous donors to the library have been Petar Gorbanov, the Institute of Thracology, the American Research Institute in Turkey (Ankara) and the regional history museums. 

The Archeological Library maintains a highly specialized collectionof over 16,300 volumes of books, scientific journals, reference editions, CDs, DVDs in the field of archeology of Southeastern and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and America.    
 
The library has 24 reading places, including 2 computarized workstations.


Университетска библиотека "Св. Климент Охридски" 2014